1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Spotify is on almost constantly in my home office. And when I run. And in the car. It's the best $10 a month I spend.

Hermes, Cosmo and Dick Whitman like this.
  2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Do you think you'll ever muster the strength to post a complaint the next time Rush tells you a blatant un-truth?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But, hey, I'm sure all of the errors in the Atlantic article were simply honest mistakes, and not an example of writing an article to fit a predetermined narrative.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was talking to an ag economist for a piece I was doing a couple weeks ago and he marveled at how many of the farmers he works with don't understand how Trump's policies would in many ways not be ag-friendly. Many of them in our area — because they largely don't use migrant workers — figured the wall and protectionist policies would help them, not really considering more global factors. Other countries will find ways to get agricultural products at cheap prices. For example, as we make our dairy products more expensive, the rest of the world will replace it with milk powder from other places. Many small-operations farmers also assume eliminating the estate tax would help them, but unless their property is worth five or six million, it doesn't really help them, either.

To be fair, there are things Trump wants to do that would help the American farmer. Especially in taxation. But during a pretty tough time for farmers with high land prices, debt rates creeping higher and higher and really low prices for corn, this economist I spoke with really thinks the next four years could be tough for American farmers.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The party of Science suddenly goes all wobbly, and searches for alternate facts, when it comes to learning about fetal development.

QYFW likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are you my father-in-law? Because that sounds like something he said over the weekend.

(He owns a very large farming operation. So large, he's on a national farming board and now registered as a lobbyist. Voted for Trump, but worries his policies will bite the farm operation in the ass.)

Hermes likes this.
  7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lot of this going around.

HanSenSE, Ace, RickStain and 2 others like this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Many probably wishing that they had more narrowly defined the "anybody" portion of, "Anybody but Hillary."

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

You are right.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If anything good is going to come out of this entire mess... the 2016 election and its immediate aftermath is going to be the most fascinating, fun, wacky, inexplicable oddity for historians to dig into. Ken Burns can make a 10-part, 30-hour series in 2030 on just the last year and I'll watch every damn second of it.

This thread and its golfing predecessor could be a source document in it. Calling Shia LeBoeuf as the voice of Starman's posts.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.