1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who besides Kurt Eichenwald has whispered this?

Don't drop to @Starman levels.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Anybody who remembers me around here knows I’m no pinko like Star Man, not even a liberal.
    I just don't like this guy, never did.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Remember, YF has the Trump Decoder app that renders "big, beautiful wall" into "15 gauge, 4-point barbed wire."

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Most people aren't coming here to be terrorists or rape women. They are coming here to find better jobs. If we dry that up by punishing those who hire the undocumented, the poor folks people don't want here won't come.

A wall is big talk and PR.

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is silly too.

FDR, who interred Japanese Americans, also turned away Jewish refugees, who later died at the hands of the Nazis.

And, Dems, who still hold FDR in high regard, want to claim some high moral ground, and shame those who don't want to allow unvetted refugees in from Syria and other areas rife with terrorism.

But, the comparison falls flat.

Firstly, Jewish refugees, fleeing the Nazis in the 1930's are not analogous to Sunni Muslim (men) (of fighting age) fleeing Islamic regimes. Christians, Yazidis, and perhaps some Shia Muslims would be.

Secondly, Jewish refugees were turned down in ports around the world. They had nowhere to go.

Sunni Muslim refugees could be resettled in Sunni Muslim countries.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What I'm really waiting for is the day YF starts abandoning any Repubican who dares disagree with Trump on anything or any Republican who ever did something that was clearly a mistake. One of my co-workers has gone this route. Bush? Nah. He's not a real Republican. McCain? No way. Not a real Republican, either.

Eventually, YF will be at the point of defending Trump by attacking every other politician in the history of the United States. That is how defensive he has become and how desperate he is to defend every word or action by President Trump.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Many Jewish refugees were of "fighting age." As for your Sunni Muslim quarantine, that's just mindless fear. I'm old enough to remember when the Shiites were the bad guys in the minds of frightened Americans. That's all the way back in 2004.

9. Michael_ Gee

The basic thing of the "extreme vetting" is to determine who is a Christian and who isn't. Aside from the despicable nature of that test, it sounds pretty easy to game to me. A real Muslim terrorist wouldn't hesitate to eat breakfast sausages if it meant advancing his mission.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Although it's been said, many times, many ways: He's rooting for underwear.

11. Michael_ Gee

Indefinite ban on refugees from Syria. Israel takes them. Israel! I am ashamed for my country and its legions of bigoted cowards.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What about the other man-made physical barriers that are already in place? Displays of cowardice and hatred, or can we not answer that until we find out which administration oversaw their construction?

wmwalton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.