1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Was there even a minor meltdown among journalists when Obama suspended the Iraqi refugee process in 2011?

This really isn't very different, but folks are comparing it to the voyage of the MS St. Louis.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

There are countless skies to fall.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Micheal is a heartfelt, three-dimensional poster, warts and all. Q is a one-dimensional baiter. That's cool if that's his thing, but it's hard for me to take a threat against him seriously. Maybe I'm seeing this all through liberal-colored glasses.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Ignore exists for a reason. I've been applying it liberally the last few days. I can do without references to "retards" or "daughter fucking."

Hermes, Inky_Wretch and Ace like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Q lives to stir the shit pot, but he's more nuanced away from this thread. I'm sure he will be in a few months too after he throws this name back in the Scrabble bag and draws out a new one. ;)

Lots of us have put another poster on blast and had to walk it back. It sucks, but life goes on.

Big Circus and Ace like this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who knew Die In A Fire could make such a catch tune?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

How many of Dumpf's nominees (or Ryan's draconian cuts) have been rejected or even seriously slowed down? The GOPbags haven't nuked the filibuster or made any move to do so because they haven't needed to. Because the Dems are rolling over like bitches.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It is already nuked for non-Scotus nominees, and the moves they've made to repeal ACA have been through budget reconciliation, which circumvents the filibuster. Mitch McConnell may reek of sulphur and brimstone, but he's a hell of a parliamentarian.

9. Starman

And through it all, the Dems are rolling over like poodles, hoping their gestures of cooperation will bring goodwill and reciprocity.

"I know there is much we can learn from each other, if we can negotiate a truce."

"What is it you want us to do?"

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Sahara is best, but Mojave is 15 minutes from Tahoe.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.