1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm gonna go with a #FakeNews guess.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Give him time.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Pound sand.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'll take a LOL.

cranberry likes this.
  6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

7. Vombatus

[​IMG]
    Alternative Sleep

jr/shotglass likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The truth of the matter is, this country even before it was a country, welcomed exactly one group of immigrants, slaves it could own. The settlers of the Massachusetts Bay Colony (first Gee on these shores got there around 1650) were as miserable and nasty a group of bigots as you could ever want to meet. Admitting refugees has always been unpopular because there were relatively few white Christian, make that Protestant refugees. But that doesn't make it right, and it's telling that the national myth we have created says just the opposite. Now the mask is off but good. Anyone outside this country who doesn't think we're just a hateful country with a lot of weapons is rethinking that position today. I imagine there has never been a better day to be an ISIS recruiting sergeant. People who should have lived will die because so many white Americans are afraid of anyone who doesn't look like them and because the Republican party's elected officials will gladly abandon human decency for upper-income tax cuts.
    Remember when G.W. Bush said "they hate us for our freedoms." That wasn't wholly true, but there was a lot of truth in it. Now those who hate America will do so because we deserve it.
    Great job all around, my country. Take the weekend off.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No. Seriously. He'll come back and apologize.

He just might need another 24 hours to cool down.

doctorquant likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not apologizing to anyone for anything I said. Not anymore. You chose your side. Live it. Own it.

11. Vombatus

Michael has been pretty riled up ever since election night. He's not going to cool off - not much at least. I respect his opinions (except go DIAF).

However, I am a bit alarmed at just how riled up he is - doesn't seem to me to be a healthy level of dismay. That said, he is by no means alone in this country as to how pissed off he is, and that is rather instructive to watch and take note of. To me, it reveals just what a portion of the country is feeling in very raw, unfiltered terms. Eyeopening to me at least.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Anarchy burger! Hold the government!

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.