1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Jesus. "These people who are getting bombed out of their homes are the REAL danger. They WILL rape you." Fucking listen to yourself.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I figure I need to save about $30 grand and I am thinking of going back to my ancestral homeland of Ireland.
    Back to the future.
    The only threat to Ireland is a U.K. reversion to a free trade position on food, no matter how much slow dancing Prime Minister May and the Cheeto choose to do.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

With all the uncertainty surrounding immigration laws, perhaps stepping back and trying to clarify what the fuck we're doing would be good thing.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Then don't let anyone in from anywhere if you're concerned with immigration laws.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

So where does this leave us? Way too soon to tell, but I’ll hazard two guesses. First, foreign and defense policies are going to be a train wreck, because they don’t have enough good people in place, the people they have appointed don’t agree on some pretty big issues (e.g., NATO), the foreign-policy “blob” will undercut them at every turn, and Trump himself lacks the discipline or strategic vision to manage this process and may not care to try. Even if you agree with his broad approach, his team is going to make a lot more rookie mistakes before they figure out what they are doing.

Second, get ready for a lot of unexpected developments and unintended consequences. If the United States is giving up its self-appointed role as the “indispensable nation” and opting instead for “America First,” a lot of other countries will have to rethink their policies, alignments, and commitments.

Unraveling a long-standing order is rarely a pretty process, especially when it happens quickly and is driven not by optimism but by anger, fear, and resentment. I’ve long favored a more restrained U.S. grand strategy, but I also believed that that process had to be done carefully and above all strategically. That doesn’t appear to be President Trump’s approach to anything, which means we are in for a very bumpy ride to an unknown destination.

Donald Trump is erratically unraveling the world order

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

But that might inconvenience some white people.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hmm, they have work for free among those seven things (the 10 ideas thing), but they don't say you should send them in a box.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

For the better angels among us, is there any limiting (to the granting of refugee status) principle that wouldn't be a violation of "the kind of country we are"? Given the traumas suffered by, e.g., Paris, it doesn't strike me as all that strange that the standards and practices might vary over time. Are we to believe that we were in Goldilocks territory -- juuuuust right -- prior to the change in administrations?

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just as letting all of them in is bad, so is letting none of them in.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

YF was the one who was using burquas, which are traditional clothing in Islam. I used yarmulkes and keeping kosher, which are a part of Jewish traditions.

Try to keep up.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Speaking of blanket comdemnations, the 442nd Infantry Regime of WWII also says hi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.