1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Now wait a minute. Like you (I think) I've got some experience with the whole "pencil sharpening" thing (as does my son). We don't call it mutilating, but still ...

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Fuck their countrymen, then. But not the ones in the countries with Trump properties. Those are the good ones.

TowelWaver likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Oh, boy, a press release. What political courage!

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Well, then shouldn't you be happy those terrorists can still get here?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any uncertainty regarding the immigration laws. Clearly there is a reluctance by the GOP to follow them. A scared base is a more cohesive base.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Experts say another reason for the lack of Christians in the make-up of the refugees is the make-up of the camps. Christians in the main United Nations refugee camp in Jordan are subject to persecution, they say, and so flee the camps, meaning they are not included in the refugees referred to the U.S. by the U.N.

“The Christians don’t reside in those camps because it is too dangerous,” Shea said. “They are preyed upon by other residents from the Sunni community and there is infiltration by ISIS and criminal gangs.”

“They are raped, abducted into slavery and they are abducted for ransom. It is extremely dangerous, there is not a single Christian in the Jordanian camps for Syrian refugees,” Shea said.

Pressure Points » The United States Bars Christian, Not Muslim, Refugees From Syria

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fair point. It does matter where you draw the line when you define mutilation.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Come on, now. You really want to open up a can of "Yeah what about them!"?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't think it was a hop, skip and jump for those relatively few Syrians we were formerly willing to take to get here.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Riptide likes this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Jada Pinkett Smith is really gonna be pissed when all the Oscars go to Muslims this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.