1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump signed the EO at the DHS headquarters, with the Secretary looking on.

That there has been some confusion in implementing such a policy on day 1 shouldn't shock anyone.

Still operating better than the launch of Healthcare.gov, which had a lot more lead time.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And they can take them off here. Or they can choose to continue wearing them. There are traditions within the Catholic Church, Judaism or other faiths that are also misogynistic. Do we need to start kicking out people who follow those?

Hell, legislating a woman's control over her own body is misogyny, but I don't hear you speaking out against that.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Normally, I'd chide someone for not letting a post go. But Gee's rant toward you was so damn out of bounds that you should probably pounding away at this ... seriously.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he's ignoring me, which would make telling me to die the second-most cowardly thing he's done recently.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yes.
    If we all don't die, this will get torn down by the next regime, in the natural order of things.
    And if an opposition party decides it wants to stop dickering over gender pronouns, maybe this won't happen again.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

In all fairness, I'd argue it's not a good move to dangle visas in front of people whose job it is to stabilize their country.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not ignoring you. I see you here. If you're still upset, that's too bad. I haven't responded because you didn't say anything I felt like responding too.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The vast majority of those who get visas in those countries are those that work as interpreters. Nobody but them can do that, and our troops are flying blind without that service.

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

If you're not willing to die for hu, then what are you really for?

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You're putting quite the satiric shine on the purpose.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

ACLU with the MS St. Louis comparison:

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That doesn't refute the stories DHS and Justice weren't consulted beforehand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.