1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm going to need a little more on this than this guy's word.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Somebody at DHS was consulted!

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This goes against everything this country stands for. This is not who we are. And it doesn't make anyone safer. Likely makes us less safe.

Hopefully a flood of lawsuits, and some sane republicans locating their testicles, will put an end to this.

If you voted for Trump, didn't vote or voted for third party, this is your fucking fault. Don't want to be lumped in with a group of racists assholes? Too bad. You did this.

We're a week in. Gotta make sure this anger is mobilized into votes in the right races in the midterms.

Riptide, HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. YankeeFan

Did you say this in 2011 when President Obama temporarily banned refugees from Iraq?

If not, why not?

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ugh. This is rotten.

I was unaware there was a time clock on yesterday's executive order.

Was America going to turn into a terrorist pumpkin at midnight or something without a little more planning?

Stoney likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The four Presidents before Trump all at some point or another in their administrations reached the 50 percent or higher job disapproval mark in the Gallup tracking poll on that subject. It took Obama a year and a half, G.W. Bush almost four years, Clinton five months, and G.H.W. Bush about three and a half years. Trump was at 50 percent today. One week.
    (Don't bother posting other polls, I did this because it's an apples to apples comparison).

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I really hope Matthew 25:31-46 is the Scripture lesson in every church in America tomorrow morning.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

How would it make us less safe?

Are Muslims going to kill as a result? Wouldn't that only prove that such a ban was necessary?

This all just reminds me of the guys who tried to kill folks at the "Draw Mohammad" event in Texas, or the guy at Ohio State who mowed down his classmates.

How dare you treat me like a threat! If you do that, I will kill you!

10. YankeeFan

What reading from the Koran should Imams across the Middle East focus on this Friday?

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Shitty planning and poor detail is shitty planning and poor detail.

Never mind the implications of the order - this is a disaster of implementation, for however long this disaster of implementation lasts, that is bound to pummel our reputation worldwide and throw lives into turmoil.

To be glib about that...yuck.

Ace, Riptide, Dyno and 3 others like this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.