1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hate begets hate. It's that simple. BTW, YF, six Syrian refugees with visas were sent back from Philadelphia International today. They were Christians.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I've found myself referencing 1 Timothy 3 a lot.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

But Saudis and Engyptians and Turks who wear burkas ... you guys are cool. Trump says so.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's another one of my fears. That's it's not gonna expire in four months. Drumpf will find a way to extend the order, much like "temporary" taxes are extended. And what about those who want to visit the U.S. after the deadline? Do they just get rubber-stamped in?

wmwalton likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, they can afford to stay at Trump properties.

6. Michael_ Gee

The first lawsuit filed is in Eastern District of New York. Then it goes to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, the Tom Brady court, and then to the Supremes. Since plaintiffs have a most reasonable case they are suffering direct harm, I expect that the process will be faster than normal. If Trump loses, I genuinely wonder what would come next.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

ISIS, by every credible account, is dwindling. Now this a new motivation and a recruiting tool. They want a holy war. And going against our values, Trump provides one.

And save your breath. I know you hate Muslims. Members of ISIS are just terrorists, even though you'll try to lump them in with all Muslims. You're wrong.

They're terrorists, just like all the white American terrorists who have killled in this country. Just. Fucking. Terrorists. If they didn't pervert a religion to justify their actions, they'd use something else.

Still, I'm sure you'll ignore what I just wrote and loudly whine "MUSLIM!!!!"

It is our duty to take in refugees, especially from wars we started. And they are vetted. It's part of the American ideal.

Also, this is clearly a "good for busines" move by Trump, as has been said before. No ban on Saudis (9/11 anyone) or Turkey, where he has biz ties.

But go ahead and spin you ass off YF Spicer.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That was wrong, too.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Credit where it's due. Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.) becomes the first Congressperson from his party to criticize the order.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, why didn't it get a fraction of the reaction that Trump's temporary ban is getting?

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You guys are gonna have to provide more explanation for those of us in the heathen class.

Songbird likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.