1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you really believed that, you'd be angry - given your fear of Muslims.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure it is. He has said he wants to keep out "radical Islamic terrorists." He has specifically mentioned Islam as his rationale.

Just like many other Republicans who kept insisting Obama was weak because he wouldn't mention Islam. It's about religion.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Mine lists the qualities necessary for leadership. Among them include even-tempered, not thin-skinned, and faithful to their spouse.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oooooh ... you just fell off speed-dial for any number of posters 'round here.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm not buying into your false equivalence here. You want to ban people for wearing clothing based on religious and/or cultural tradition. That is correct, right?

6. RickStain

Warren's purpose was to be an outlet for people to dislike Clinton and prove they could support a theoretical women. Much like Kasich for people to prove they don't hate all Republicans.

Now that Clinton is irrelevant, she will fade to obscurity

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's why you like Dubya so much, amirite?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, fuck them. I've got three co-workers who voted for Trump, all decent people and no way in hell is there a racist among them. I disagree with the choice they made, but their vote did not make them racists.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) condemns order on green card holders. That's three.

Inky_Wretch and RickStain like this.
  10. RickStain

I've always thought he was underrated. Too much of the criticism against him is tied to the vagaries of the economy.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OOP, the vast majority, probably two-thirds, of those who voted for Trump did so for the reason most people vote in every election. They always vote Republican/Democrat. Now they've got to start thinking about Trump in a different way. Are these actions they want to support? If not, they should say so. If so, well, they have to take the consequences, which is that some people will think they are haters.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Call off the executioner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.