1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Or believe they should die for disagreeing with them.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Offer not valid for celebrity deaths.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So did the Obama administration prioritize getting translators approved to immigrate here?

Seems to be a big concern for folks today. What was the previous administration's record?

Do you even know?

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. YankeeFan

I know where I stand.

Where do you stand?

6. YankeeFan

Condemning the application of the order to Green Card holders is enough for you to give him credit?

So, when we work this out, and Green Card holders are ok, we're all good?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a Republican pulse, not miracles. I have only noted ANY objections. Three out of 292 isn't a great score.

LongTimeListener and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How do the evangelical conservative alleged Christian Trumpists reconcile their love of the Muslim ban with the scriptures they say should rule our country ?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They don't. They let their fear override what Jesus teaches.

10. YankeeFan

No "good explanation for this perplexing discrepancy":

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

For many American "Christians," the right to own guns is worth dying for, but the jury is still out on how Jesus Christ would want us to treat refugees.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Let me do a bit of backstory here. My daughter works in France. It's about 1000 times harder for a non-EU citizen to get a work visa there than it is to get a green card here. The EO bans citizens of any other country who were born in the seven countries it names. This excludes members of national legislatures among our allies and for that matter, a Canadian Cabinet Minister. The first time a French citizen is banned, never mind their own xenophobia, which is significant, they're gonna retaliate against the US. And my daughter's life's dream will be crushed because of the millions of nasty bed-wetters who're Trump's base. So it's personal when I say fuck them, not just ideological.

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.