1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Maybe you'll believe Dick Cheney. Even a stopped clock is right a couple of times a day.

Dick Cheney Thinks Trump's Muslim Ban Is 'Against Everything We Stand For'

"I think this whole notion that somehow we can just say no more Muslims, just ban a whole religion, goes against everything we stand for and believe in. I mean, religious freedom has been a very important part of our history and where we came from," Cheney said on a Monday appearance on the radio show. "A lot of people, my ancestors got here, because they were Puritans."

Cheney called Trump's plan a "mistaken notion" and said to solve refugee and immigration problems, the U.S. must examine why they need to leave their countries in the first place."

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I really don't see a country like France taking retaliatory measures like this against us. Certainly not hastily.

But, I'm also confused. Are saying that citizens from the seven nations named in Trump's EO are already banned from the EU?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No, but holders of EU country passports who were BORN in the seven countries are banned from US travel. Also, you're telling me France wouldn't do something to spite the US? Generations of tourists say huh.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Admit where you stand. You think we should be banning people from this country based on an article of clothing that they wear as part of their faith and culture, right?

6. YankeeFan

Ah. OK.

But no. France isn't kicking out your daughter in some diplomatic spat.

We're on day one. This is all going to get worked out.

7. YankeeFan

I certainly don't believe someone should be able to import a Muslim bride, when the sole criteria for the marriage is that the bride wears a burqa. No.

The San Bernardino killers didn't meet and fall in love.

She responded to add/listing looking for a bride who wore a burqa. That's it.

That shouldn't be enough.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Blast from the past ...

"What this country needs is a crazy, Third World dictator
    ... and Donald Trump has what it takes to be that!"

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I wish I shared that optimism.

10. YankeeFan

I gotta say, JFK is a bitch to get to.

You've got to be really committed to your cause to go out and protest there -- especially in the winter.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Two months ago you insisted he would never actually do this.

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The Bible isn't just for Pharisees, QWERTY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.