1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wouldn't do what?

This is a temporary ban on folks from 7 countries that the Obama administration determined had repeatedly supported terrorism.

2. YankeeFan

To your corners you two!

QYFW likes this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No wonder Kellyanne Conway never sleeps. She's afraid you'd take her job.

TowelWaver and Riptide like this.
  4. YankeeFan

Great job of reporting. Only took an hour to prove your own story wrong.

#FakeNews

5. YankeeFan

The Senate might want to confirm some cabinet and sub-cabinet appointees if they want Trump to have their counsel.

Until then, it's a one man government.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Before or after the replacement for the ACA is announced? Or is this part of the secret plan to defeat IS?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't worry. Fucko has a plan. The greatest plan ever.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump is crazy enough to do this. OTOH, it beats him holding his breath until he turns blue.

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

This is sort of what I was thinking. Why rush into all of this crap at the same time, especially without some actual plan?

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is par for the course for the evangelical crowd. Support Israel because that support hastens the End Times, in which Jews can either convert or burn in hell for eternity. In truth, however, they hate Jews.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I hope you are wrong about all of this. Ms. Ragu has a green card. French citizen. During the campaign one thing she was afraid of was this kind of stupidity making it so she can't won't be able to get back into the country -- a country she has spent 25 years working in, living in and paying taxes to. Among the multitude of things that are frightening. ... and piss me off about this. ... there are people from those 7 countries with green cards who are being denied access to their homes now. These are people who the U.S. has been all too happy to tax, to the point that if they have any assets in their country of origin, the U.S., unlike any other country in the world, taxes capital gains and income on those assets. Every other place in the world -- you get taxed where you earned and operated. Not the U.S. -- they want a piece too, creating double taxation.

If you go back to live in the country you originate from, and don't go through a pain-in-the-ass process to get rid of your green card -- the U.S. STILL will tax you as if you are a U.S. citizen. For example, open a bank account in your home country and fail to file the FBAR forms every year -- and you are subject to a minimum $10,000 fine, in addition to the tax penalties -- despite the fact that these are assets not in the U.S. or earning income in the U.S. and you are NOT an American citizen or living the U.S.!

I don't often say I am ashamed of my country, because I only feel shame when *I* do things I don't think are right. But I am really sad right now. My country is failing badly and is failing to live up the ideals that are supposed to make it special.

Fuck this bozo.

SnarkShark, Cosmo, Iron_chet and 9 others like this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wouldn't follow through with a ban on Muslims.

But you're OK with the guy lying about the Muslim and Christian refugees we accept, you're OK with a religion test, you're OK with giving a pass to Saudi Arabia and all other countries that have supported terrorists BUT have ties to Trump Inc. It's all OK because whatever Trump does must be supported.

You're pathetic. You've forgotten everything you've learned and profess to care about regarding the Constitution and history.

Riptide likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.