1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Over 15 months I was interviewed five times – in person, over the phone, by the United Nations and by the United States. They asked me about my family, my politics, my hobbies, my childhood, my opinions of the U.S., and even my love life. No less than four U.S. government agencies had the opportunity to screen me. By the time I received my offer to live in the United States, the U.S. officials in charge of my case file knew me better than my family and friends do.

I Went Through America’s Extreme Vetting

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The hardest part of challenging discriminatory laws is proving discriminatory intent. Giuliani went on national TV this morning, Fox of course, and said Trump asked him "I want a Muslim ban. Can you make it legal?"

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They don't view it as cruel. They voted for him because he can "get things done," particularly as relating to fer'ners. They view these as extreme, desperate times, calling for extreme, desperate measures. Trump further groomed them on this idea during the campaign and his inauguration speech.

He's getting things done.

4. Dick Whitman

That's a pretty competitive field.

dixiehack and doctorquant like this.
  5. Dick Whitman

"I could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue."

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty difficult to generalize about 62 million people. Many feel this way, I'm sure. I'm also sure many don't.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Saturday wasn't so much a PR standoff as a WTF Trump? If Bannon actually desired terrible implementation for the sake of creating discord...well, he's a moron.

As for if he wins... it's up to the GOP congresspeople

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Can we crosscheck with the list of Dems who held a sit-in to deny due process?

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Trump wan't the one grooming them. A not-insignificant chunk of his base has been told for decades by its churches, its music, its films, its social media interaction to get ready for civilizational showdown, spiritual warfare. Three generations raised in a culture that told them the world is going to end in their lifetime, that the war will be with Islam and that they will be persecuted for their beliefs.

Trump is the apotheosis.

12. Songbird

Twitter is basically Enhanced SJ.com lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.