1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Dickheads been in office nine days and three of those have seen protests. He's batting .300 on protests.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Don't forget that he met him once when he was a flunkie in the mayors office.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A petition to downgrade Trump's visit to Great Britain from a state visit, meaning he wouldn't get to meet the Queen, has garnered 300,000 signatures from Britons. This means the measure will automatically be debated in Parliament. I was sure Trump would start a war with some country fairly quickly, but I didn't have Great Britain in the pool.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Muslims around the world see it as a ban on Muslims.

Racists in this country (David Duke, et. al) are celebrating it as a ban on Muslims.

Civil libertarians in this country see it for what it is.

Walks like a duck. ... talks like a duck. ...

If the fuckwad and his little band of morons want to be racists and shit all over the freedoms we at least nominally espouse when we hold ourselves up to the rest of the world as something special. ... he should at least be courageous enough to be straight about who and what he is. The problems with that are that he is a charlatan, who has gotten through life bullshitting endlessly, and even if he was a straight-shooter, what he is doing is so unAmerican that even the miserable bastards he has surrounded himself with know they could never get it in through the front door.

But that doesn't mean the rest of us have to act like the Emperor is clothed. Be real.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Here's a 1941 Dr. Seuss cartoon that YankeeFan says has no connection to Trump's "America First" speech.

[​IMG]

8. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Man, that trip by Theresa May was some great timing....

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Aunt May has already come over to lick Fucko's nuts, so she's ok.

10. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Congressional Republicans complained constantly about Pres. Obama's use of executive orders.

Several of them also decried the concept of a Muslim ban when Pres. Trump floated it in the campaign.

We'll see how many of them stay true to those ideas. (VP Pence has already done a 180, but those of us who saw him up close in Indiana are hardly surprised by that.)

Living in a college town, I'm much more concerned about white trash scumbags knocking over convenience stores than I am of the young Muslim men across town studying to make the world a better place. I also can't fathom any rational person looking at the work Bannon did at Breitbart and thinking it's good for this country that he has so much influence inside the executive branch.

Many people I know are feeling more confusion and fear than at any time maybe since 9/11, except this time the events actually were an inside job.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

May's own party has been blasting her. The BBC sent one of its reporters who's a British citizen but was born in one of the seven countries to fly to the US today. He's in holding now here, waiting to see what happens. If he gets sent back, May is on the hot seat.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wonder if he ordered a kosher meal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.