1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

service_gamer and RickStain like this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump really had no clue as re: the "America First" bit ...

Hermes likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree. Not a history student, I think, unless it's the History Channel.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Bannon is writing his stuff. And Bannon most definitely knows what it means.

Also, this connection was pointed out when Trump used the phrase many many months ago. It was argued at the time. Then he went back to it for the inaugural. He knows.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump kept a book of Hitler speeches in his bedroom.

Bannon may be the brains, but Trump is 100% on board

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Exactly. Craziest thing about that election is how many of the same midwestern/rust belt counties that overwhelmingly supported Obama in 08 and 12 went for Trump. How do the folks trying to label all Trump supporters as bigots explain that?

That region is traditionally the democratic base, and would instantly flip back if given a good reason. It's also the region that suffered most from the post-NAFTA collapse of our industrial base--an issue that never seemed to concern Hillary. But then along comes Trump attacking NAFTA and promising to bring their manufacturing jobs back--even if he was full of shit, he was still singing the song the rust belt working class has been desperate to hear from a nominee for more than two decades--and at the same time they were increasingly unable to identify with this ultra-PC identity-politics-obsessed Clinton version of the party.

The dems could've nominated virtually anyone else--Bernie, Warren, Biden, whoever--and crushed Trump. Instead, they chose the one baggage-laden candidate who couldn't.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't care if he thinks a Klan robe is just a tablecloth with holes for the salt and pepper shakers. He owns this shit.

8. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

This was my concern 18 months before the election (before Trump was even a thing) and man did it turn out to be true.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

So let's say this refugee thing winds up in our eight-seat Supreme Court. 4-4 split?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tie goes to the runner hence the refugees.

FileNotFound likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Maybe not. It's in the Court's interest as an institution to rule against Trump, just so he knows it's not a rubber stamp for him.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But Bannon, who had a hand in writing the speech, surely did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.