1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm generally a fan of his (albeit one who hasn't read him regularly in a while), but I genuinely don't understand what his point is here. I think he's been pretty vocally anti-Trump, no?

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't think he's commenting on the EO specifically. Higher level. Can't always spell everything out for people on Twitter.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He's commenting on the continued degradation of political discourse. The reaction to the EO being the latest evidence that no one really cares about facts/reality. And yes, he's not a Trump fan.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

One of many, many things that are wrong with what happened this past week. He's looking for a one-size-fits-all solution where none exists. Should there be extreme vetting? Don't know, but the way to do it is not going the "all Mooslims are bad" route. It's like when Bill Veeck was asked why he never had a pantyhose night. "It's like having a Deodorant Night. What do you do with someone who needs a big one?"

Vombatus likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You don't know if there should be extreme vetting? Why not just do away with immigration law altogether so it's not a question?

6. HanSenSE

Like Joe McCarthy's?

7. HanSenSE

Ah, the joys of on-the-job training at 1600 Pennsylvania.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Oooh, McCarthy. Good one.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Like pro wrestler Chris Jericho's.

Batman and HanSenSE like this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not so sure about that. Could happen. But the Tea Party never got tired of it.

I Should Coco and TowelWaver like this.
  12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

In today's episode of WTF, the role of Steve Bannon is being played by Angela Lansbury:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.