1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are still members. It's just that instead of sitting in on all the NSC meetings:

"The director of national intelligence and the joint chiefs will attend when discussions pertain to their areas.

Under previous administrations, the director and joint chiefs attended all meetings of the NSC's inner circle, the principals' committee."

If Trump wants to invite Bannon, his advisor, that's his right. Booting the DNI and the Chairman of the JCS means that tons of institutional knowledge, experience, and intelligence assets won't be there. Fucking stupid, but Trump has a bad case of "What do you mean I can't do that, I'm the President!" so he does not want them around. I can't wait for the day he says something that sets off Mad Dog Mathis.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The only thing that pops up on a search for Judicial Branch on the website is under State and Local Government

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He's already threatened to do it. Multiple times.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Multiple dead reported at a mosque in Montreal tonight.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

They hate the courts after the gay marriage rulings and such.
    The courtroom is the one place conservatives have regularly had their clock cleaned, for over 50 years.
    Trump showed the sort of respect he has for the courts when he talked about the "Mexican" jurist.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Inky might have. Lead story on montrealgazette.com is Quebec City shootings.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yep, still licking their wounds after Citizens United, NLRB, Schuette and Hobby Lobby. It's been brutal, just brutal.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My bad. Saw a tweet a few minutes earlier. By the time I thought to post it here, I screwed it up.

Sorry.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

FAKE NEWS! It was really a Church of the Holy Bible Brethren in Fartsmeller, Idaho, and nobody was shot, but Ida Mae Poovey did have her kerchief knocked off. #signoftheendtimes

Smallpotatoes and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.