1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure it does.

Canada's border couldn't keep out the cancer that is Trump's hate.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So you don't think the allusion to it as a cancer that crosses "borders" had anything to do with what's going on here?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not cheering.

I don't even know the full circumstances of what happened.

But, we've seen time and again, the media rush to declare a "white" guy, or a right winger, or a veteran, responsible for an attack.

In the case of San Bernardino, the white guy was a Muslim. The Quebec City right winger looks to be a Muslim. The veteran who shot up Ft. Lauderdale airport had taken a Muslim name.

The Orlando shooting was because of Islamic hatred, not "right wing" hatred of homosexuals.

It's all a fucking shame. But, we're being silly if we don't accept that there's a big problem within Islam.

And, if folks worked up half the outrage against the hatred in Islam as they do about Trump, maybe we could do something about it.

Where is the outrage over religious intolerance in Muslim majority countries?

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So what if it does?

Trump IS a cancer. And he has all the power in the world at his fingertips.

This election showed us there are way more hateful assholes in this country than we thought. And they won.

What is specifically to blame for this tragedy won't change the fact that none of that happened in a vacuum.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Canada has plenty of hate filled racists of our own. We have lady Trump(Kellie Leitch) and mini Trump(Kevin O'Leary) vying to be the next Conservative leader. But let's not kid ourselves, racist worldwide are loving what is going on in the US. It empowers and legitimizes them. That doesn't mean what happened here has anything to do with Trump, there are plenty of problems up here with or without Trump.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Islamic hatred of homosexuals *is* right-wing hatred.

Just because you guys are having a civil war doesn't mean you aren't coming from the same place

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

For the record I have no clue what he meant and I don't @#$@ing care.
    But, as in intellectual exercise, was curious what other interpretations could be read into it.
    Best I can come up with: Hate isn't limited to the US - it exists in all countries.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Who cares if Jackie was actually gang raped at a fraternity party? What matters is that the reporting brought to light a larger issue and necessarily sparked a national conversation.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are arguing that the problem is right-wingers. Do you have a plan to keep these dangerous people from entering the USA? There are some "bad dudes" out there.

10. Dick Whitman

He meant that the hate espoused by Trump spilled over the border and into Canada. If people didn't subconsciously want to kiss a big-time poster's ass, it would be obvious.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Jones himself will own the obvious interpretation of it.

11. Dick Whitman

There would be more outrage if liberals didn't view acknowledging it as giving an inch to the other side, which they are unwilling to do.

We've talked about this in regard to climate change and evolution before, among other issues. Some conservatives won't acknowledge things like that, because they view the question as a liberal trap. Same here, but vice versa.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

For the record - yeah, that's what I'd bet my money on.
    Just curious how else it could be read, and that's what I came up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.