1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Oh, fuck off.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Of course that's what it meant.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He said hate doesn't recognize borders. YF said it crossed a border. Jones didn't. The tweet reads to me that hate is not exclusive to any nation.

God, you're such a twat.

Neutral Corner and Riptide like this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's pretty clear you have an "A" Twitter account for conservative missives, and a "B" Twitter account for liberals you can discredit.

I'd love to see more from the "A" account that you can defend.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The hottest takes get shared on twitter.

But, if you look at his twitter bio, he's both worked as a journalist, and is a dual masters candidate at Columbia's School of Journalism and their School of International and Public Affairs.

He's got the best journalism training going, and is the kind of guy who will end up in a big boy job. And, this is his thought process.

But, a few years from now, we'll be expected to believe he made a simple mistake while covering a story, and wasn't writing to a predetermined narrative.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Oh, come on. We have a rogue sister site because people didn't show Jones and some others proper reverence here.

QYFW and YankeeFan like this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's not why.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Don't worry. I'm sure he's already on Kellyanne Conway's list.

Ace likes this.
  9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

I was just put off by the knee-jerk "blame the US" tone of the tweets--as if it never occurred to them that the hatred could've been homegrown instead of something imported across their southern border.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Look, I'm not saying the guy who reported that the MLK bust had been removed from the Oval Office should be fired.

But, it hadn't been moved at all. The excuse that someone must have been standing between him, and it, blocking his view really ins't acceptable. Don't you at least ask someone about it before reporting it?

Now, in the larger scheme of things, this wasn't a big deal.

But, we keep seeing "mistakes" that all push the same narrative.

At some point, isn't it worth asking if anyone's ever going to get fired for sloppy reporting?

You want to say it's not about narrative? Fine. But, shouldn't we demand just plain accurate reporting?

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Not true, but you know that.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I can't imagine anyone outside this country coming up with the thought that bad people are emanating from the United States.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.