1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fix College Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Dec 14, 2016.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How's that arena? Any less wretched than it used to be?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It has as much lipstick as you can put on a pig, I suppose. It has ... uh ... charm? But it's still the worst building in the ACC by a longshot.

3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tweener likes this.
  5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't enjoy praising Calipari, but I have to give him credit for not avoiding these games like some previous Kentucky coaches have.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Probably been mentioned upthread, but you can't fix CBB until you get college stars to stay for 4 years, or minimum 3 years like they did through the mid-1990s. The college baseball rule would work fine here: You either sign pro out of HS or you're tied to your college team for 3 years. None of this one-and-done bullshit.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

With the talent he pays for, Calipari should be fined $5 million any time he loses a game, any game. And fired if he ever loses three games in a season.

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Problem is that's up to the NBA--college basketball can't do anything about it--and the NBA's shown no interest in changing its rule just to help the college game out.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Uh-oh.

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted