1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So if someone tweets that Joe Blow will be named Podunk's coach, and Joe is named coach the next day, can we ridicule the tweeter?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Is there a consensus on the Fake White House staff Twitter account? Is it possible that it is indeed done by staffers with Trump's approval in order to create fake news that Spicer can attack?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's no consensus anywhere. Most logical explanation I've seen is that it's some Democrat who knows Washington well and is doing it to drive Trump nuts and sow dissension among some people who seem very trusting of others.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They seemed to have a lot of details on it.

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

My son was 7 when that happened to him — and it happened after we had called earlier to tell the airline (we didn't call TSA) our son on the autism spectrum and ask what we could do to make the security experience easier for him. Then he gets flagged. That was fun.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Bob: If I may shift gears for a moment gentleman, coach Ditka vs. The Hurricane, who would win?

Todd, Pat, Carl: Ditka, Ditka!!

Bob: Hold on, Hold on, Hold on. The name of the Hurricane is Hurricane Ditka.
    [​IMG]

franticscribe and Ace like this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Been a few years since I've flown, but are you still required to take off your shoes?

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not if you get TSA PreCheck. Otherwise yes.

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm suddenly reminded of a general-interest column I wrote 10 or so years ago suggesting everyone just fly naked.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I flew semi-dressed up one time and got pulled out of the line in a nanosecond. Ever since then, I dressed as slobbily as possible and sailed right through every time.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Get behind the Asians. They pack light, travel efficiently and they've got a thing for slip-on shoes. God love 'em."

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

New Trump motto: Everything is awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.