1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She clearly knew what the consequences if her actions would be and the White House had no choice but to fire her from the acting gig. But the statement is so stupidly petty and highlights the mindset of the administration.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's a menace to the survival of our Republic and the human race. Everyone should act accordingly. I wonder what the Central American line cooks in fine Washington restaurants are gonna do when Bannon drops in for dinner?

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Isn't Yates a career civil servant who was appointed to act after being a deputy and not a political? If so, could she file a grievance and seek reinstatement or back pay? Is that different for those acting in political positions?

She was fired without notice, it seems. If her position had legal merit, I think she may also be protected by the whistleblower act for stating the position. I don't think she wants her job back, but she could mess with Trump.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be shocked if she were to be assassinated. The word "betrayed" is a BIG dog whistle.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Plenty of people have lost their minds in the past 10 days.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No doubt. I had no idea this person was even in charge of the Justice Department until I read that. It's an outstanding resumé point. Now she's a hero to the left and the anti-Trumpers everywhere.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Bingo. And that's the one thing from the last two weeks that I find the most fascinating. Donald Trump is driving a tank called the federal government and could "run over" most of his problems without so much as breaking radio silence. But every time he hears the 'ping!' of someone taking a pot shot at him from the bushes, he stops the tank, gets out and tries to chase after them.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Fun aside: Her middle initial is apparently Q. I was racking my brain trying to think what woman's name starts with a Q until I looked it up: It's Quillian or something, and it's her maiden name.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If she has a civil service job, she can go back to that. She would be relieved of her duties as acting AG, but not fired from the department.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bill O'Reilly expresses qualms about the immigration order. Bill Fucking O'Reilly!!!!

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. I dream of chaos, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.