1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Haven't read through the rest of the thread, so maybe there's more talk about this. But this surprises me.
    Throughout the campaign he showed no knowledge of policy details, the powers he would and wouldn't possess, no real understanding of how the bureaucracy worked, no plan for surrounding himself with people who could fill those gaps, and about 20 other knowledge gaps that seemed pertinent to doing the job.
    I thought the fact that he'd be bad at this in practice (not in a policy disagreement sense, but just in a sheer being able to execute sense) was baked in to everyone's assumptions.

(Tangentially related, I thought there wasn't enough acknowledgement that someone being bad at executing policies you disagree with can lead to much worse outcomes than someone being good at it - that even if you disagree with him on every issue, incompetence can still be a bug, not a feature.)

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

You know what? Yes.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Look! Over there! It's Hillary Clinton!!!

HanSenSE, TowelWaver and Dick Whitman like this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I thought America made that pretty clear when it voted for a grown-up Scut Farkas instead of her.

Can we now move on to the frosted, five-layer shit cake being baked by our Cheeto in Chief?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. FileNotFound

And I should expand on this: My disdain for the Clintons doesn't mean I want to, as an alternative, hand the country over to Steve Bannon. I just don't see that leading to anywhere good.

TowelWaver, Jake_Taylor and Hermes like this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Maybe this has been addressed, but I'm curious:

@YankeeFan, do you believe that Hillary Clinton received 3 to 5 million illegal votes?

FileNotFound likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nah. I'm sure she received some, but likely in the thousands, not millions.

12. FileNotFound

Oooh, I wanna play:

@YankeeFan, do you believe that Steve Bannon is the right person to lead our country?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.