1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He wasn't fired for being offensive. He was fired for being too honest and causing his editors to deal with annoying calls and emails, death threats, suggestions of sexual activities for the extremely flexible and the like from Trumpeters.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He was fired because nobody can breathe a discouraging word about Fucko and still draw a paycheck from Rupert Murdoch.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least we know one positive thing about him. I assume you meant that as a compliment given your obsession with such things. :)

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I did likewise. Nothing about where I currently work. I highlight where I USED to work, though. Not like they can furlough me again or anything.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think he is dumb, either. The good guy part? I should probably leave that alone.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I had many more discussions with reporters about doing more on social media with than telling them to cool it with their opinions or getting into it with critics by a ratio of about 100-1.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I can't believe anyone cares about fucking football at a time like this. Really can't.

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I can care about both. But the football part gets shoved more and more into game day and nowhere else. It is one of the hallmarks of authoritarian and totalitarian governments that they don't allow people to be apolitical. It's important to save that space.
    PS: I was in college in the late '60s and early '70s. I saw what happened to my age peers who obsessed about politics during what was a very bad time. It wasn't good for them or the causes they supported.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Can we measure dicks without outing?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Besides a stand-back approach, what approach do you think Obama should have taken with Syria?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.