1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, his detailed quote is based on his four year old memory of a conversation at a party?

I've read you on eye witnesses ability to recount such details.

Why would you believe he could put together this conversation so clearly?

And, why has he never used this line, which is a great line, ever before, or since?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges. I'm talking about layman witnesses recalling the details of sudden events, like crimes. This wasn't a "fog of war" circumstance. It was a conversation between reporter and subject, or, really, two journalists.

Did the reporter repeat the conversation word-for-word? Probably not. But "I'm a Leninist" who wants to "tear down the State" might stay with someone.

I'm not going to spend the rest of the afternoon going round and round about this. We all know that you're like a pitbull with a bone. But I'm 99.99999999 percent certain that the writer didn't invent a quote in August for an inside-baseball piece on a doomed candidate's Hail Mary hire. There are zero red flags here.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) was asked about Trump's order today by a reporter. His response? "That's above my pay grade." He's a fucking United States Senator. It's in the Constitution, Article I, that having an opinion on that is part of his job. What a gutless piece of garbage. Also stupid. A better pol would have some weasel words to duck the question.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Speaking of protesting, more than 1,000 Real Americans showed up in Helena to protest plans to sell off public land.

More than 1,000 rally against transferring or selling federal lands

It was in response to Rep. Jason Chaffetz, who introduced bills to sell 3.3 million acres of public land and eliminate the LEO divisions of the Bureau of Land Management and US Forest Service. His solution? Let the local sheriffs do all the work. (Because that's a great idea when you're miles deep into the backcountry.)

New House Bills Aim to Sell Off Public Lands and to "Get Rid of the BLM and U.S. Forest Service Police”

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just wait until we can do subtitles when Trump has his meltdown in the bunker.

Iron_chet, TowelWaver and Ace like this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

‪If Steve Bannon is a Leninist, will the name of St. Petersburg soon be changed to Bannongrad?‬

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Naah, that's what they'll call Mar-a-Lago.

Donny in his element and Ace like this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It is raining in Bannongrad.

Ace likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bannon's a fucking liar. The end.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member