1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

But not Mother Russia.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucko knows how to fuck them the way Uncle Vlad really likes.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How in blue hell is Bannon going to get legal immigrants deported if they take Federal assistance!?!

"Yes, I know you came here legally. Did everything the right way for 10 years. But when the chicken plant closed and you were laid off, you took food stamps. Pack it up, you're outta here! And don't forget to take your kids with you."

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

That's the joke.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I like to think that this is what Tucker Carlson ordering bottle service looks like.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

O'Reilley, I believe. Perhaps we'll be regaled with stories of the New Jersey Generals?

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

"Olbermann"

The word you seek is "Olbermann"

Full disclosure, I had no idea until Google clued me in.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Saving reduces trade deficits. Americans have a very low saving rate. Americans want to take the dollars they earn (and some that they don't earn, because we have a lot of debt) and trade them in for big screen TVs and cell phones and SUVs. They want those big screen TVs and cell phones and SUVs that they really can't afford at cheap prices, obviously. The U.S. can not, and does not, produce those things cheaply -- for a host of reasons. But because the United States has been granted reserve currency status by the world (again, a whole other conversation), others are willing to accept U.S. dollars for their reserves in return for big screen TVs and cell phones and SUVs that they've produced cheaply.

That has been the U.S. in a nutshell for several decades -- as we do our own version of the decline of the Roman Empire / British Empire.

If your goal is to reduce America's trade deficits. ... You need to convince Americans to start saving (and stop consuming). It's that simple. You also have to give up your reserve currency status. It's not a matter of a tariff or some bully tactic where you browbeat businesses with silly rhetoric.

Even if you can accomplish what I said -- increase savings, give up reserve currency status -- you have to first ask yourself WHY you want to run a trade surplus, and at what price? A trade surplus in and of itself is not a key to economic success the way the kindergarten rhetoric has convinced the masses. Ask Japan.

OscarMadison and amraeder like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Big screen TVs? Really? I bought a 40-inch TV the other day for $200.

11. Machine Head

What would Sean Spicer's MMA nick name be?

Wondering, because at some point, it's happening in a briefing.

"The Gum Swallower"

"Dippin' Dot Destroyer"

12. Machine Head

YAY!

What happens to the looser?

Forced to binge watch The Apprentice?

Made to dress in Trump brand clothes and eat and drink Trump wine and steak?

THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FUN!

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.