1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Do you support harsh penalties against businesses that hire undocumented immigrants?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Any of those Rust Belt Trumpians or Feel Good Libs willing to pick lettuce or wash dishes or change sheets till the next rung up on the ladder appears?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's not just scut jobs. EO and draft EOs affects doctors, students, high tech workers, and academics. It's a plan to make America as ignorant as the average Trump voter.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm a big believer in immigration -- hell, I'm damn near open borders -- but you and @YankeeFan are having an unjoined debate. You're talking about "in general" and he's talking about "in many cases." Both of you could be right ...

Stoney likes this.
  6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I think think we may have to wait for Samantha Bee to take on school boundaries in Manhattan.

doctorquant likes this.
  7. doctorquant

I've bolded the part that suggests you're out of your mind ...

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes. Of course.

They should be punished, and doing so would reduce the demand, and thus the supply for illegal labor.

And if the will is there, this is one of the easiest things to enforce.

FileNotFound likes this.
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, I'm talking about immigration and he seems to have veered to illegal immigration.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It hasn't been for 25 years.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

An hour to go, and the SCOTUS pick still hasn't leaked.

The talking heads on tv aren't happy about this. Have heard the word "unseemly" tossed around.

But it's classic Trump. He was pissed when word of his VP pick leaked. Hell, he almost changed his mind, in part because the pick leaked.

12. doctorquant

Even still ... It's entirely possible that "in general" immigration is a net benefit. And it's also possible that with stricter controls over the "in some cases," it'd be even better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.