1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You obviously haven't been to the Rio Grande Valley.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wikileaks helping out a pro-Putin candidate? Shocking!

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Part of the reason may be those guys know working the northern boarder of the US is a better job than working the southern boarder. Work with a guy whose son in law went from Texas to NY. Said it's a much easier job now.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Only 79 to go and they tie the U.S. for most world elections tampered with.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

In defense of the boarders, they really just want a nice place to sleep at a reasonable price.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm worried about Charles. Hopefully he holds up better than Kurt Eichenwald.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I suppose this is me just being a frog adjusting to the warmer water, but I'm somewhat relieved Trump outsourced finding judges as opposed to striking out on his own to look for a guy nicknamed "Hang Em High" or "Iron Gavel" etc.

Ace likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hardiman was not in D.C.;

On Tuesday, in the hours leading up to Trump’s announcement, rumors about the Supreme Court pick flew around the capital. Multiple media outlets reported that Trump was deciding between Gorsuch and Hardiman, leading reporters to follow Hardiman as he drove through his home state of Pennsylvania. A CNN producer spotted Hardiman at a gas station more than 100 miles east of his home, driving speculation that he was en route to Washington, D.C.

After the announcement, Spicer said he believed Hardiman was meeting with another Pennsylvania judge and hadn’t ever left the Keystone State. During his first ten days in office, Trump and his staff have feuded with the press, and Spicer used this opportunity to tweak the media.

“Because of the speculation, I checked on this. He was visiting with the chief justice of the Third District of Pennsylvania,” Spicer said, adding, “I’ve heard several people report that he was sighted in D.C. I’d be very interested in that, because to the best of my knowledge, there’s a little bit of a buffer between Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia, at least on the maps I use. So that may be one of those alternative facts.”

How President Trump found his Supreme Court nominee

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

So I wasted perfectly good DVR space in the hopes of seeing a Trump! Production! on nothing?

That sucks.

But my DVR is now telling me the Lagina brothers have found coconut fibers in Smith's Cove on the Curse of Oak Island, so I'll take solace in that.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

A Juggalo march? That ought to be fun.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.