1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Let's see. We've got law enforcement ignoring court orders and the executive branch blocking enforcement. The legislative branch, dominated by a party that gets representation that outsizes its share of the vote, changing rules to prevent the "minority" party from blocking things. The President is using a private security force with questionable tactics.

But it's not a fascist takeover because that only happens in history books and we are special snowflakes appointed by God

dixiehack and TowelWaver like this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Best show on NPR.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK. So, the press and the WH are already at war.

If this is true, that the WH lied, someone should report this.

If not, I believe they trusted a source who wasn't in the loop.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's not about us. You're saying reporters don't deserve our trust for getting the SCOTUS nominee thing wrong. I'm asking if you apply the same standard to Fox News, since it got a much, much bigger story wrong.

(And, for the record, I do trust many of FNC's on-the-ground reporters and some anchors like Shepard Smith - but not its commentators such as Sean Hannity or anybody on The Five.)

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Did you delete the post where you said it was "obvious" that a nominated justice would not be traveling by himself to D.C.?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"The reality is that to the best of my knowledge he never left the state of Pennsylvania," White House spokesman Sean Spicer said Tuesday night after the announcement. "He never was in DC, nor did he ever leave the commonwealth."

This is not a denial. The media reports said he was supposed to be at the White House. Spicer said he didn't make it to the White House. The most likely answer is that they told him to come, then called and told him to bag it. And now Spicer is using the little game they play to say MEDIA WRONG!!!! when most likely the story changed midway through.

But then Spicer also spent yesterday talking about how he and Trump don't say "ban" despite the numerous instances they've said "ban." So YF and the other sycophants will buy any explanation.

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't totally trust Fox News, but not for the reason that YF thinks. They often seem willing to jump the gun on stories - like the Moroccan shooter - before other outlets will. I like that at times, because their Web site updates stories quicker. (For example, when there is a body count in a mass shooting, they almost inevitably will be ahead of the other sites in getting that out there.) But they also end up passing misinformation more frequently, it seems, during the fog of a breaking news event.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I barely ever watch FOX. The only show I ever catch is Special Report.

I think they are very partisan and not always reliable. I tend to watch MSNBC. They have more of a focus on politics and I like to see liberal's tears.

Now, how about you? What's your standard? If you don't trust FOX commentators, because they've gotten stories wrong and/or spread fake stories, do you hold the Bloomberg and CNN reporters who got this story wrong to the same standard?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As opposed to the brutal lawlessness espoused by his predecessor, Antonin Scalia.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump uses a Black History Month event to whine about CNN's alleged "fake news" and thank Fox News for the nice coverage. But Obama was arrogant and self-centered.

HanSenSE and Ace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.