1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Speaking of someone who's "triggered" - do you expect that stammering doofus Spicer to be hostile or self-congratulatory today?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yes

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Anyone want to predict how soon the Republicsns shitcan the filibuster for Supreme Court nominees?

4. dixiehack

Whichever time Bill Pryor gets nominated and Democrats scream bloody murder.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The RoguePOTUS twitter account said day before yesterday that Trump wanted them both there, but that Bannon was afraid that paying for the one not chosen to come would be used against them. And yes, I understand that account is in no way verified... but it keeps getting things right.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good article on J.D. Vance, where he discusses the future of Real Americans who are exploited and given lip-service by both parties.

“We need a better leadership class to set the tone for the discussion,” Vance tells TAC. “The most depressing part of the 2016 election is that the candidates often failed to show any cultural leadership: any recognition that the world of public policy was important but hardly the only good and necessary part of our shared society. They don’t talk about the church, about local community organizations, about businesses as anything more than providers of jobs.

“We’re very good at talking about the individual in American politics, and excellent at talking about the government,” he continues. “But we have little ability to even acknowledge everything that exists in the middle, and given how influential politics is on every other part of our life, I think that failure of discourse is pretty corrosive to our overall culture.”

Hillbilly Energy

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

No admirer of the last president, as my good chums here know, but at least he wasn't so fucking needy.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Such as?

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I like J.D. Vance. But at bottom, his message is always that poor people need to just stop being poor, but stated in a non-crazy way. He's fast become liberals' favorite conservative.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

12. dixiehack

I foresee him reaching the same dead end Harry Caudill did coming from the left, winding up bitter and disillusioned that his people will ever do better or pull themselves out of the muck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.