1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

As soon as they're forced to by the Democrats.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Of course. In other news, WaPo ran a story on a one-year old from Iraq scheduled to fly here for cancer treatment but now can't. Comment thread was of course vitriolic abuse of said child and the paper. Evil people in this country, more than we'd like to believe. When misfortune strikes them, may they be alone and friendless.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Is it time for the Dippin' Dots Destroyer from Parts Unknown, yet?

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I suppose. But what about the fact that the Republicans flat-out refused to even consider Garland? That's rather two-faced on their part but since they have all the power they can do what they want.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Isn't the solution to the prisoner's dilemma, when played over a long period, to try to cooperate at first, but then simply repeat the previous action done to you? Isn't that what the simulations say?

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Corvairs were a funky ride.

Not easy to work on, a friend bought one in the mid 70s and had a hell of time doing shade tree work on it.

Glad to hear the weed was saved.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I've not picked up on that in his stuff, but then again I don't think he actually has a message ...

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I listened to about a third of his book on CD. I remember being disappointed because there was no mention of Trump or current politics. It was a memoir of his life, with much focus on his grandparents. I remember two mentions of his father voting, and it was for Democrats. That's not how the book was sold to me. I wanted to hear analysis of why these people would drift to Trump. Maybe that comes later, but after I listened to a fair amount of it, I had heard enough. Wasn't really interested in Vance's life story.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There are no hard-and-fast conclusions for a multiple-iteration prisoners dilemma game if the number of iterations is unknown to the players. If the number of periods is known, it plays out like the single-period version.

amraeder and Hermes like this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Is Sean Spicer still your only source that the media was "wrong?"

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Maybe dumb question but does "infinite" count as a known or unknown number of iterations? (My guess would be unknown, but not sure)

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

YF has achieved his final form.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.