1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

And entirely predictable if any of the dumbshit Trump voters would've actually paid attention to something other than being assholes.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan demands to see a peer-reviewed forensic voice analysis of the tape.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

These words are not to be taken literally.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am really, really trying not to overreact at least in my personal life. But ... when I registered for the draft in the late 1980s, it was pretty clearly a formality and we would never get to that point. Now I have sons who are 17 and 14. And these chickenhawks could start three simultaneous wars, with a military that is the smallest it has been since we added the Air Force.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Trump won't negotiate on this. No reason to, we're in scorched earth territory.

But I agree this is not the fight take on right now.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure you've got the date right there.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Well, are we talking countable infinity or uncountable infinity?

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

"Standing on principle" is sometimes a monumental waste of time, effort and energy. (See: Most discussions with my ex-wife.) Best I can tell, Gorsuch is the best-case scenario among the potential nominees. Obstruct this one, and you're going to get somebody worse, possibly way worse. Confirm and move on, and make sure RBG's iron lung is ready for duty. Don't be the party of "THEY DID IT TOO!"

Dick Whitman likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It seems to me that Bannon's past musings should be taken with the same grain of salt that any provocative columnist's would be. If @Michael_ Gee found himself in a position of great influence in a Democratic administration, I wouldn't worry too much about my lily-white ass being barred from the voting booth.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Who the fuck is Lars Larsen?

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.