1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Funny, this was my thinking on Garland.

TowelWaver and FileNotFound like this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's a no-win. Those of us who pay a lot of attention to politics know it would be a standard club in the bag for both parties. But to people only paying attention now -- i.e., most of the country -- it looks like the Democrats' whole book involves foot-stomping. "They did it to Garland!" is a loser politically.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'd worry for the country if I had a position in any administration.

Ace and dixiehack like this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There's no reason to vote "no" for this nominee, other than sheer spite. He's perfectly qualified and within the pale.

5. LongTimeListener

Based on what we have already seen from Bannon, there is no reason to believe there will be any difference between his theoretical views and his actions.

Machine Head likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It'd be countable (i.e., discrete as opposed to continuous).

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

True ... whether my civil rights were at risk would be way down my list of concerns.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I saw a friend ask this on FB, and I wonder about it here. Does anyone know of anyone who is actually planning to move out of the US for Trump related reasons?

9. LongTimeListener

Also on the war thing, dq -- that's the easiest way to establish presidential authority. We love war presidents.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Completely.

Spicer is a Priebus guy. Came with him from the RNC.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I made the offer to Mrs. Whitman after about four straight days of relentless kvetching after the inauguration.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Interesting angle in a story about the Trump administration's threat to the environment and public lands.

Someone in the outdoor gear industry I spoke with, who also asked to remain anonymous, said that brands fear the “wrath of @realDonaldTrump.” His tweets’ ability to sink company stock, and the harassment of his followers, is unprecedented and terrifying to businesses.

Who Stays Silent When the Wilderness Is Threatened

I wonder if Trump will go after Nike, Adidas and Columbia Sportswear for coming out against his Muslim ban?

Machine Head likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.