1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That part's actually not the case.

Regardless, I think the point is made. Thanks, SJ.com friends.

And @typefitter, what is funny about this is that me, the "troll," is firmly on your side of the political aisle.

I really don't know what your gripe with me has always been, other than the fact that I once thought "Esquire" shoddily attributed a scene in a narrative journalism piece (even the author agreed with me, in hindsight), and you took it personally.

lcjjdnh and Fly like this.
  2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Spoilsport. #narrative

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No one had any sympathy when Obama's drone killed her then 14-year-old brother, who was also an American citizen.

But now folks are going to pretend to care about her? Really?

Same standard, right?

4. YankeeFan

You got paid!

You're no hero!

doctorquant likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You should read "The Art of the Deal" or take classes at Trump U (they had a great National Signing Day class, by the way), so you too can become the bestest negotiator on the planet.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

But she had a pretty red bow in her hair?

7. YankeeFan

We can change that for the book/movie.

Duck will end up being a composite character anyway. I'm sure they'll give him a smoking hot wife though.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

If we're still making Mad Men references here, Duck jerked Peggy around and released Chauncey the Dog to fend for himself in Manhattan. He doesn't deserve a tight little package.

9. YankeeFan

Hey, I didn't have a two wheeler. Just a bag and a clipboard. But, I'm not good enough to ride the passenger elevators with their fancy lawyers?

That's discrimination.

lcjjdnh likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Really?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Lots of folks are enjoying the irony of Trump hailing the contributions of Frederick Douglass - a man who escaped slavery by using somebody else's ID. Good thing the free states didn't employ extreme vetting back then.

Ace, LongTimeListener and TowelWaver like this.
  12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yes, same standard. Unfortunately, being the daughter of a terrorist put her in harm's way and she was accidentally killed. That in itself doesn't necessarily mean the operation was flawed or even a bad decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.