1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I ripped this from Pearlman's page.

Screen shot 2017-02-01 at 3.52.24 PM.png

2. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

So he started negotiating...after the deal was already done?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

People can do extremely good work and perform heroic acts in real life and still act like assholes on a message board.

Ace, TowelWaver and Riptide like this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's fine. I'm an asshole. I don't know what I did to piss off @typefitter, other than say that @YankeeFan isn't "dumb." But even if I act like an asshole, I'm not sure that warrants a series of personal attacks on my life and what I've done with it. I get it. He's a star. We all get it. We've been reminded of it over and over again. An annex message board was founded, in part, because "The [typefitter]" wasn't shown proper deference here. He's kind of a big deal. Goddamn, how many times are we expected to concede that?

But I think that him lording it over what he considers the little people - assholes or not - and putting them down to lift himself up reveals his character.

lcjjdnh likes this.
  5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Reminds me of his Mexican wall promise: I'm gonna sign Doug Flutie and make the other teams pay for it!

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A solid 6, no doubt.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

He made you cry. Big salty tears!

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Damn. I missed it. Can some highly respected posters PM me and clue me in?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

1. It doesn't apply to just you, although you've called him out plenty of times before when he was nowhere to be seen on a thread.
    2. I consciously wrote act like an asshole, not actually being one. I suspect you are a much more nuanced, caring person than you let on here. Very specifically, I suspect that a lot of the "I told Mrs. Whitman what for" talk is for show and that you actually have a very deep, caring and equitable relationship.
    3. To answer the obvious, yes I should know all about acting like an asshole on this board.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Oh. Nevermind.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I almost feel bad that I don't know who @typefitter is. Guess I don't read the right publications!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.