1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There are defense experts on our side (I used to edit aerospace industry and military journals in my last job before retiring) who are very unsure we could win a war with China unless we use nukes. Meaning we can't win, period.

Hermes likes this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Shall I post our correspondence in which you dreamed of writing for said glorified T&A magazine, Dick? Or should you just DM me another private apology for your public behaviour?

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

If we have nukes, why can't we use them?

(Was that fake news?)

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I actually think there's a stickied thread on it that I started.

I was under the impression that PMs stay private around here. Guess the rules don't apply to big-timers like you.

7. Dick Whitman

When you play the "big-time writer" card, it says a lot more about you than it does about the person you're big-timing.

By the way, I'm looking at my bookshelf right now. Tomes by T.C. Boyle, Hemingway, Annie Proulx, Krakauer, Franzen, and Steinbeck. Keep pecking away, big-timer. You'll never carry any of their jocks, and it kills you to know that. That's why you pick on people you consider beneath you.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is that a fair comparison? I was always a daily (well, started as weekly) newspaper hack and I knew it. My standards of greatness weren't those folks, it was Smith, Cannon, Broun, Murray, etc. I didn't reach them either, except for a few days I cherish in my memories.

9. Dick Whitman

It's fair when you spend years Big-leaguing people on the Internet.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Never thought I'd be on here BEGGING for talk about Trump but let's get back to our president being an asshole or not an asshole depending on which side you fall on. Take it to PM and have a nice I DO HAVE HIS BOOKS ON MY SHELF day!

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think this is valid. I think even YankeeFan knows Trump is an asshole.

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You got it, Moddy. I have some writing to do, besides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.