1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

He's no Geddy Lee!

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Correct. But it'll also cut down on forest fires!

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Still not buying it.

No actual quote, no indication the source was in a position to know.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh no, I'm getting fucked too. Bigly.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's two strikes. Did you still take a swing, doc?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Not buying what?

Even his friends say he made the long drive.

You don't think it's odd that someone would decide to make an unrelated 200-mile round trip on the day he's possibly going to be named a Supreme Court justice?

service_gamer likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Wait ... is doc really freq? Did he tell her she was smart? Under a full moon in a cornfield?

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch and Ace like this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He actually did go meet with a fellow judge:

The man Judge Hardiman was going to see, it turns out, was Judge D. Brooks Smith, who serves with him on the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, an old friend and professional sounding board.

Judge Smith said he did not think Judge Hardiman schlepped the two-plus hours to see him Tuesday at the behest of the Trump White House. He said the judge called him earlier that morning to say he would be dropping by for some advice and to talk over the events of the previous two weeks, when he emerged, for a time, as the front-runner. “I guess it’s true what they say — all roads lead to Altoona,” Judge Smith said with a chuckle.

“He really just wanted to discuss what had happened, and suggesting that he was part of some ruse is an extremely unlikely scenario,” Judge Smith said.

Judge Smith said he also suggested Judge Hardiman “take off a few days.” Another colleague on the Third Circuit bench emailed similar advice: Judge Maryanne Trump Barry, the president’s older sister, who congratulated Judge Hardiman on being considered and suggested he “take some time off,” according to an officer of the court who saw the message.

Judge Hardiman, who might be considered for future Supreme Court appointments, greeted well-wishers at Pittsburgh’s Duquesne Club on Wednesday. “I saw Tom today,” said his friend and fellow lawyer Robert Cindrich, who offered his support at the exclusive private club. “He is such a good guy, such a good friend. I held up two fingers — because that’s what he’s going to be, the second Supreme Court pick.”

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeahhhh ... no.

Truth be told, even if I hadn't seen or heard those things, I probably wouldn't have done anything. I always tended to be running short of courage in the matter of dating/sex back then.

TowelWaver and Ace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.