1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To be fair, I wouldn't want you on the Supreme Court, either. Can't he put tacks on their chairs or toilet paper their houses like a normal kid?

BadgerBeer likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, since he grew up to have a nice head of hair, I will assume it was a harmless joke.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Normal kids don't grow up to be Supreme Court nominees.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

All of my opinions would be in ill-formed Latin ...

Ace and RickStain like this.
  5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

You were either really clever or really dumb.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That was what I thought you were saying, and of course you're right. Then again, I'm not sure that anything looks great, at this moment in time under this president.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a joiner.

I don't think I was in a single club. After school, I either had detention (JUG in Jesuit parlance), sports, or wanted to drink beer and smoke pot.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'll go with Nepal.
    "The Yeti is the most overrated thing in the history of cryptozoology. Nasty guy. Terrible hygiene. And what is he afraid of? He won't show his face. Sad."

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

His stupid club name isn't disqualifying by itself and if he'd been nominated by a generic Republican it would be a quick eye roll on his way to 70-plus votes. But in the current environment he had to expect to catch grief over it. Above all it demonstrates the need for a thorough background review. If extreme vetting is good enough for Syrian toddlers it's good enough for a guy who will spend three decades playing Cotton Mather from the bench.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Bill and Ted's Excellent Execution.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What's humorous about it is that we weren't even criticizing his tweet. We were arguing that it meant exactly what he then confirmed that it meant. But since the commentary was from people he has long since decided he doesn't like, he decided that the proper reaction was to piss on the personally and out years old PMs.

QYFW likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The "Fascism Forever Club" is so fucking awesome. I could see it ending up as nothing. I could also see it derailing his appointment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.