1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Oh shit

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Student-paper crowd in my time had some scandal. Let's just say two staff members hooked up and one is now a deadbeat dad.

3. Moderator1

I can't remember the last time I had ZERO work responsibility on Super Bowl Sunday. Have no idea what I'm going to do but I suspect I'll watch the game even though I don't give a hoot about either team. Been invited to one smaller party and one bigger one. I'll go to the one closer to my joint if I opt for a par-tay

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Carl Icahn has $100 million invested in Lyft and he controls one of the board seats. It's kind of like boycotting Budweiser, and then drinking Coors. Just saying.

Neutral Corner and cranberry like this.
  6. JohnHammond

Worst Penthouse letter ever!

doctorquant likes this.
  7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Whatever you, or your dad, have ever done for jobs is fine, as long as it's honest work. Whether it's white-collar or blue-collar work doesn't matter, and your dad sounds like he is/was an honorable man. All work needs doing, and there's nothing wrong with Walmart. The place can be a life-saver for people when they need and want to work, and I can certainly attest to the fact that there are many hard-working, smart and good people there.

Don't read too much into words like "globe-critical," and just let the argument with typefitter go. Just my two cents' worth of advice. That might be all it's worth, but that's all this argument is worth, too.

Ace likes this.
  8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That's not very many. I hope you're on salary and not getting paid by the word.

9. JohnHammond

doctorquant likes this.
  10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

One thing I cannot stand about these cooking shows is when kids are the judges.

They've infiltrated Chopped and Flay's show.

Extending the brand or whatever, but fuck that.

11. Moderator1

Yeah, Lilly from Modern Family was on Beat Bobby Flay one night and it was a WTF kind of thing The head-to-head cooks were doing grilled cheese. Hell, I can do that

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The Xmas tree story reminded me. I had some time to kill and took a stroll through an older downtown recently. They still have holiday trees out along the curb! In February! Later I saw two strings of lights in bushes at a house that didn't appear to be the home of six non-working vehicles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.