1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I never miss a Top Chef - just discussions about it on the politics thread.

But no Last Chance Kitchen spoilers! We watch those on Friday night.

2. Inky_Wretch

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Anyway, the President is going to roll back the rule that says financial advisers must be acting in client's best interest.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Thank God. I was tired of that.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

No spoilers on this, trust me.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Partisanship pervades this presidency. Nearly every White House release includes a dig at Obama, even a NSA statement on (and to?) Iran.

C3miQabWYAA4a6X.jpg-large.jpg

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

They made the list?

8. Inky_Wretch

"On notice" is the Trump version of "red line."

Next, Iran gets put on double secret probation.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I denounce him.

SnarkShark likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Had a long talk with an editor about presidential families and their treatment, at least kids. (I think First Ladies/Husbands are complicated, especially in this case, where it seems obvious that Melania wants none of this.) In modern history, the kids have mostly been kids, and I think most people would agree they should be off limits. I think the way Chelsea Clinton was treated when she was a kid was pretty horrible, and for whatever you think about the Clintons, it seems a minor miracle that Chelsea has grown up to be a strong, confident woman. The Bush twins got some rough treatment, too. The Obama girls were mostly spared, I think, or I at least I didn't see a lot of shit about them, apart from some relatively recent idiocy about dope. I'd say that Barron is pretty clearly off limits to most decent-thinking people. But Ivanka, for instance? She didn't ask for her father to be president, but she campaigned hard for him, and she appears to have a prominent role at the White House, as does her husband. Fair game, right? Same with the adult sons.

The interesting one here, I think, and the one who might one day unravel everything, is Tiffany.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.