1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Really?

You delete some?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not on his side. I'm genuinely wondering if you mean all this and you are letting this place get to you or if you are messing around because you have a history of posting shit you don't mean on this site.

Don't give yourself that much credit. I don't loathe you. I dislike trolling. I dislike when people post garbage that they don't even believe for the sake of starting trouble. I point it out when I see such things.

There are plenty of other posters who take shots at people's lives on SJ.com. I don't ever remember you saying it was out of line in the past. Perhaps I missed it. I agree with you that it shouldn't happen, but it does. I am not on either side of this pissing match. I think you are both acting like assholes and I should know. I've done it often enough.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The irony of who "liked" this post.

Looking at you...

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've changed names before, but only after closing one out. I'm not sock puppetting here.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm leaving now for an assignment and won't be here for a bit. It's not because of a tantrum or however else it will be portrayed by the liars in our midst. I'm literally getting in my truck and going to work. But hopefully that helps calm things down around here. I wish everyone a great weekend and a productive week next week.

6. Machine Head

Oh, what the hell, here's Padma from the Top Chef episode in question:

[​IMG]

Iron_chet likes this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Dick didn't take the opening shot at your writing ability, I did. And I didn't question your writing ability, I made light of a big-time writer such as you having a typo (which you quickly edited) in such a flaming pile of shit of a hot take -- "fuck all these little people ... we smart people are doing globe-critical work!"

Yes, you're a fabulous success as a writer. Goody for you. That doesn't mean shit unless -- and this is key -- the question at hand is how to be a fabulous success as a writer. When you wander outside that milieu, you're as fucking dumb as anybody. Own up to that -- and quit fucking lying about your not posting PMs or outing people on twitter -- and this would all die down very quickly.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's like Jennifer Aniston in "Friends."

9. Machine Head

From another episode this season:

[​IMG]

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Up next on my do-away-with list ... the SOTU address.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

People lie to achieve a goal.

Lying here achieves no purpose. It's not a case, like with "Fascists Forever Club" or some of the other falsehoods told about Trump, and others in his administration, where the lie gets around the world before the truth gets out of bed.

A. It was on the Chris Matthews Show

2. No one spread this "news"

C. It's easily disproved

D. She's being mocked, and that is the story, not the arrest of two Iraqi born refugees, in Bowling Green, for planning terror, during the Obama administration, which led to the suspension of Iraqi refugees for a time, and long jail sentences for the two Iraqis.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.