1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As the U.S. and Mexico are haggling over El Chapo's $14 billion in assets, wouldn't that be enough to pay for Trump's beloved wall?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'll have to go back and look, but I think I posted one from RoguePOTUS that said they would go nuclear to get his appointments through and a comment was made here that that wasn't necessary on cabinet appointments. Then the R's changed the rules regarding a Democrat having to be present to call a vote and sent two through that the D's had been boycotting.

Need to check the timing on those, but I think that's correct.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mattis would before Priebus.

4. Neutral Corner

I think he would, yes, but isn't he still out of the country? Could have been video/phone.

5. Neutral Corner

We might be able to extract some part of it, depending on where the money is. We have a better chance of getting them to pay for the wall than we do of getting them to give it all up.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

El Chapo could fund Blazer football. I'd be down with that.

7. Neutral Corner

I'm not holding my breath on that one either. There's a better chance of PBJ leaving us a chunk of his estate in his will.

edit: We raised better than $50m last year, if you were unaware.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The problem needs to be fixed either way if news organizations want to win back the public's trust.

What's bothersome too, is that few consequences ever result from the mistakes that are made.

And, expanding the definition of diversity, when it comes to newsroom staffing, to include diversity of thought, still needs to happen.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I generally find bitching and moaning over procedural chicanery to be pretty amusing. Anybody here remember the Texas Eleven?

Texas Eleven - Wikipedia

10. Neutral Corner

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't read the Times ... don't they just have a "Trump White House Stupid Shit" roundup somewhere?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.