1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Spicer's babbling follow-up was almost worse to me. He didn't know either. I'd suggest they all visit the National Park Service's Frederick Douglass Historic Site, which is just a few miles from the White House, but it's in a majority African American neighborhood and President Bannon wouldn't allow that.

Edited to add: Also, they don't care.

I Should Coco, cranberry and Ace like this.
  3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Still has glamor. Lady Gaga is there. Will she call out Trump?

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This is kind of touching...

Smallpotatoes, HC and Riptide like this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This one is not too bad either:

Smallpotatoes, HC and HanSenSE like this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm not defending the ban here, but the whole "these countries have done more damage in the past" bit misses the point. If I were President, the fact that we've never had any trouble out of Bermuda wouldn't enter into my decision-making if a threat emerged in Bermuda. It's an abstract point, I know, but when you're talking about restricting immigration from a particular spot, that spot's history is irrelevant.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. What are Trump's business interests in Egypt?

2. The list of countries on the list came from the Obama administration

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Al Franken:

Donald Trump ran for President on a promise to fight for workers and support struggling American families. He attacked his opponents and challengers by calling them puppets of wealthy bankers and big corporations. And while the banks that would have crumbled in 2008 before being thrown a life preserver by the American taxpayer were deemed “too big to fail,” Donald Trump convinced voters that he was “too big to be bought.” But hey, so much for promises. Two weeks after being inaugurated, it seems President Trump has decided that maybe Wall Street just ain’t so bad.

Today, in a dangerous move, President Trump took steps to rip apart the Dodd-Frank law, which includes critical financial protections I helped write to crack down on Wall Street and prevent another economic meltdown like the one we experienced nearly a decade ago—where millions of hard-working Americans lost their jobs, homes, retirement savings, and entire way of life.

And why is he taking a hatchet to these important financial safeguards? Because, in his own words, “…frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine that had nice businesses, they can’t borrow money.”

Did you catch that? He wants to tear apart Dodd-Frank so that his super rich buddies can make more money.

This is outrageous, immoral, and it’s antithetical to the platform that he ran on. The American people deserve a President who puts the livelihoods of families first, not one whose primary goal is to gift his rich friends on Wall Street with cold hard cash.

I Should Coco, Deskgrunt50 and Ace like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Franken's right. It's outrageous. Even if Trump were correct on the substance, it's absolutely the opposite of the platform he aggressively ran on.

I Should Coco, Tarheel316 and Ace like this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Everyone knows Frederick Douglass invented peanut butter.

HC and Dick Whitman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.