1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Well played.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They'll find out he can't hit a curve ball.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don't think that's a stretch at all. These types of reactions on college campuses to controversial speakers have been trending that way for quite a while now.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You shoulda checked your privilege.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, first, it's not a crock of shit. We are in an era awash in feelings. You like your feelings, they like theirs, and, as I have written many times before - Republicans, on the whole, are worse than Democrats.

But since the world is slightly more complex that pure love vs. pure hate, liberals may want to examine the ways in which they lean too much on personal truth. They may want to ask, as just an example "so is microaggresions a real thing, or some construct we devised as an extra tool of grievance?"

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

From the article saying there's too much outrage . . . :rolleyes:

Was everyone so appalled when Reagan did an about-face and became close with Gorbachev in the final three years of Ronnie's term? Were we appalled when Russia was helping us in Afghanistan in the weeks/months after 9/11?

I must have slept through that outrage.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You do realize we are far from the only country on the map to conclude Putin is a murderous asshole, right?

JC likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Both GW Bush and Obama began their administrations trying to improve relations with Putin's Russia. Both abandoned those efforts as futile. When two leaders as different in temperament, ideology and worldview as those men weren't able to achieve that goal, it seems to me pretty conclusive evidence the US is not the problem in the US-Russia relationship.

wmwalton likes this.
  10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I went downstairs to enjoy my Hampton Inn waffle this morning. TV was on CNN, two people yelling about the separation of church and state. All the newspapers laid out had Trump on the cover. Table of college kids were debating the merits of judicial independence. Had to bring my goddamn food up to my room. Thanks, Trump! You're turning me into even more of a hermit.

jr/shotglass and HC like this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Anything to declare?

I'm a white non-Muslim who was born somewhere you don't hate yet.

Welcome, sir. Enjoy your stay.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

that Putin is a wonderful fella.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.