1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stayed there for a night in November '15. Western-themed rooms. Gorgeous wood fixtures. Fantastic large rooms and bed. French onion soup was pretty good too.

20151116_182303.jpg

20151116_175102.jpg

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm off to pen the newest megahit, "I Found My Global Empathy in Some Terrible Sausage Gravy and a Stale Biscuit."

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

But you've never experienced the eye-opening culture shock that comes from traveling from Canada to a US Hampton Inn. That'll really change a man.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Have fun with this one, folks.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Okay, that's funny.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LOL ... what a dumbass ... Could that revenue trend be associated with the fact that Russia has experienced just a tad of inflation over that timeframe?

TowelWaver likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Keep it in mind if you ever decide to change handles.

Ace likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Big if!

dixiehack, Big Circus and JC like this.
  9. typefitter

On a more serious note, I wasn't referring to traveling to upstate New York, although if you like snow, it's probably a good place to be right now. If you go to, oh, say, a predominantly Muslim country for a while, you'll see that the vast majority of people there are like the vast majority of people here: just regular people trying to build good lives for their kids and get through the day without significant incident. Banning all of them because a few of them decide to become terrorists would be like banning Americans because quite a few of you become mass shooters.

I mean, if we're speaking honestly, and the world starts deciding to follow Trump's suit and paint entire countries with one brush, Americans are among the most murderous, are they not?

The empathy comes when you realize that it's not fair to destroy the dreams of some poor family from Kansas because of Adam Lanza.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Ace likes this.
  10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Boarding a flight shortly. Would someone please screenshot the replies to this that will be deleted, that would be appreciated.

11. typefitter

Not to worry, I'm going back on the road, too.

12. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

My advice is to provide a steady flow of food and drink. I had the same fears when we hosted a Christmas party. But we kept the guests supplied with a constant flow of refreshments, and that seemed to help. Keep people busy eating and drinking and there's not as much time to argue.

Also, I warned the guest I knew would be most strident that if he started something, he'd have to answer to the person who pays the mortgage on the house -- that would be me -- and he'd be asked, then told, to leave. Must have worked, because he was on his best behavior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.