1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

he votes for party rather than with his constituents.

Shocked. Shocked, I tell you!

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is the classic conservative economics trope: the idea that anything benefiting business creates jobs, the presumption that tycoons always put their profits into benefiting the rank and file. If that's their motivation, why has executive pay grown exponentially while the idea of raising the minimum wage is toxic to the business world?
    So if the black president does it, it is rude. If Trump talks tough, it is tough talk and great advocacy for America, right?

HanSenSE and Ace like this.
  3. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Two months after the election, I expected that by now I'd have witnessed at least a few fistfights between the haters and supporters. Hasn't happened -- a few shouting matches, yes; brawls, no. And I live in a notoriously hot-tempered area of the country (craziest example: old geezer killing another old geezer during an argument in the ticket line on senior citizens' day at the movie theater).

Ace likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They've got the votes to install their puppet, a foe of traditional, secular, American public education.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You've misconstrued BTE's point and views.

He's not anti-Obama, he's just pro-Russia, and I suspect he'd equally object if Trump or any other president's advocacy strongly conflicted with Russia's interests. He just hasn't had to worry about that with the Donald thus far.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

... according to all my lefty pals.

QYFW likes this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's close. But I actually have much less of a problem if our advocacy really does help US (hey, I live here, too). But when our advocacy only serves to tear countries apart (Ukraine) and install terrorists in place of legitimate regimes and raise the overall global tension --- all without ANY tangible benefit to American citizens but only to stroke the egos of the State Department and the Pentagon and Congress and the Oval Office --- yeah, I have a problem with it.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But who will protect the schools from grizzly bear attacks?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Went to a free screening of The Lego Batman Movie this morning. For some reason they had a guy wanding everyone who went in.

A 10-year-old girl smiled and held her hands over her head as she waited in line. Then several of her friends whined when they didn't receive the wand.

The authoritarian state is here to stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.