1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would respectfully point out that "official statements" and White House denials aren't exactly beacons of truth.

The SS thing could be the difference between one side saying fired and the other saying resigned, etc.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Doesn't the SS generally refuse to comment on personnel matters anyway?

And, of course, I mean "SS" in reference to the "U.S. Secret Service." With this shitshow administration, you have to make that distinction.

Ace likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Between attendance at the inaugural, illegal voters, grizzly bears attacking schools and the Bowling Green Massacre, we're dealing with the White House that cried "wolf." And I don't mean Mr. and Mrs. Blitzer's spawn.

Ace likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You might want to look at the guy's twitter feed. He acknowledges he got it wrong.

A couple of of guys in information security were let go, not managers in the Secret Service.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't do Twitter. It's filled with feuds and fake news.

HC likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Does Donny J. know how to read? Does he have dyslexia?

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Off his lawn, YF!

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Agreed, but the number of stories we've seen just in the past month that have turned out to be overblown, misguided, premature, or outright false or made up does not help matters.
    This administration is clouding the truth, but so is the national press right now. They're so eager to see if they can be the next Woodward and Bernstein that they won't follow basic journalistic steps on major stories -- and, worse, its seems like they don't care to. It's quickly becoming amateur hour. They're destroying the credibility of the media when that's the thing we need most at the moment.

TeamBud and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pretty much every fucking thing these clowns have spewed out has been bullshit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.