1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's fine. You can set up a fax machine to print out a sheet that shows what number it was sent to, and when, and that the fax was sent successfully. So you have a paper trail and there will be no excuse of, "we didn't get it."

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

"Rattled" by a comedy sketch?
    These guys are so soft you even start to feel sorry for Spicer.
    This ought to be a lesson to our children on how easy it is to make a bully cry.

TowelWaver and Dick Whitman like this.
  3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

And there we have it. .... Good governance is much, much less important to you than a hot take from Rush over liberal tears.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm sympathetic to the case that she was bad enough before the Senate to sink her nomination, but I heard Senator Wyden today on NPY Morning Edition making the case, and he was so awful he's almost convinced me that this really is politics as usual. He wouldn't answer any questions (I think it was Steve Inskeep, who is a great interviewer and more than most of his colleagues knows how to play it down the middle when he wants to), and made it sound like the argument against her was policy driven, in which case (as I know as well as any of you when it comes to the President), elections have consequences.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Not sure how you're counting, and I can't believe I'm defending Trump no matter in how tiny a way, but the second half is spot on. You want to argue that it's a deal worth making and that there were no better options etc., we can debate that. But Obama made the deal, gave a lot to Iran and I don't think we're debating the "good"ness of the Iranian government.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Interesting because opposition to DeVos among Republican-leaning teachers and parents and especially advocates for people with disabilities (about as bipartisan a lobby as it gets) were the factors which led Collins and Murkowski to vote no, or to be allowed to vote no, depending on your degree of paranoia.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Trump is comparing an alleged secret private business deal with Russia to a well-publicized multinational agreement (like it or not) handled through proper diplomatic channels.

9. MisterCreosote

Side note: It's going to be fun watching all the Massholes turn on the Patriots who are declining to make a trip to the White House.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That is very likely true - but if they don't do something about it in the year before midterms, they will go into the midterm election without having replaced the ACA, and quite possibly without having repealed much of it either. Don't you think that there will be a backlash against that by Republican voters? They're in a bind - no plan, but they have to do something or get bit.

11. MisterCreosote

No. And we all know why.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There won't be that many of those. Don't forget this was Clinton's best state outside California (and DC).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.