1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Which shows that the Republicans in the senate are just like you in that they care more about laundry than the good of the country.

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

In a nutshell, and it's what is so wrong about the party system. It's all about the color you're wearing, and it becomes more important than actually looking at the individual issues.

I just don't give a rat's fuck about the Republican agenda or the Democratic agenda.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yup. Everything that happens is on Ryan and Rubio and the other appeasers. If you're not against him, you're for him.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

McConnell, especially. He'll be anyone's bagman as long as he can march around up front.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Question: If you are a senator, why would you vote to approve a nominee for Education Secretary who doesn't have the knowledge of the subject that an average PTA member would have?

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

bc you're a partisan lackey

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The DeVos vote is disappointing to me and probably the majority of the nation, but it for sure isn't outside the bounds of normal Republican politics. They've always hated the Department of Education and they've lately taken an interest in destroying public schools at large. This one isn't really a Trump pick, it's GOP mainstream.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That's a sweeping mandate.

Anybody know the last time the VP had to break a tie during a confirmation?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Even if I was a lackey, I'd be, "Dudes, if you want me to blindly follow you, at least make an effort."

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

According to the Senate Historian, it's never happened for a Cabinet pick.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They don't even look at the damn issue. They just stick with their side of the aisle. It's been SOP for ages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.